Sunday, April 20, 2008

Marley and Me by John Grogan

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Challenges:
In Their Shoes
TBR
Book Around the States - Florida
Newlyweds, John and Jenny Grogan, decide to add a dog to their household as they had both loved their dogs when they were children. Into their lives, comes Marley, a purebred labrador retriever who is billed by the author as the worst dog in the world. Honestly, this dog would never had made it one year in my house let alone thirteen. He was a total maniac with 98 pounds of muscle to back him up. Of course, the dog has a heart of gold, is completely loyal, good with the three children who show up at different intervals. This book is a fun read especially if you love dogs. I don't particularly, but I still had a good time reading it and cried at the inevitable conclusion. Journalist, John Grogan, wrote this in a column about his dog:
"Marley taught me about living each day with unbridled exuberance and joy, about seizing the moment and following your heart. He taught me to appreciate the simple things--a walk in the woods, a fresh snowfall, a nap in a shaft of winter sunlight. And as he grew old and achy, he taught me about optimism in the face of adversity. Mostly, he taught me about friendship and selflessness and, above all else, unwavering loyalty."
Rating: 4
Posted by Framed at 9:29 PM

1 comments:
writer2b said...
Thanks for dropping by my blog. My daughter and I listened to a version of this story, abridged for children, on audiobook... and cried, too. Certain phrases have made it into our family vocabulary, like "the Marley mambo." Good story.Thanks for this review.

No comments: