Monday, October 20, 2008

Consequences by Penelope Lively

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Consequences has been on my TBR list for some time so when I saw the CD in the library, I promptly checked it out and downloaded it to my Ipod. The story begins with Lorna and Matt who meet in a park and fall in love. Lorna is upper class and Matt is a struggling artist. They marry, move into a small cottage where Lorna become a houswife extraordinaire and Matt creates beautiful woodcuts for high-price books. They have a child, Molly; and soon the book becomes about her. This is where I became a little exasperated because I was really enjoying the story about Matt and Lorna and suddenly that part is over. Then just when I become reconciled to Molly, she has a daugher who shortly becomes the focus. The story was interesting and I enjoyed the voice of the narrator; but I would have liked it much better if it had stuck with Lorna and Matt. Rating: 3
Posted by Framed at 8:18 PM

2 comments:
Carrie K said...
So not so much "Consequences" as "Generations"? ;)
6/13/2008 2:24 PM
Les said...
My thoughts exactly!! I wanted more of Matt & Lorna and was so disappointed when their story ended so abruptly. My review is here, if you're interested.

No comments: