Monday, October 20, 2008

The Sittaford Mystery by Agatha Christie (Audio)

Saturday, July 19, 2008

I listened to a dramatic enactment of this book while driving to Salt Lake yesterday. That was fun for a change. Each character had its own actor and there were sound effects for the wind and the knocking table. The story begins with a group of people trying table turning as their parlor game for the evening. The table spells out that a old friend of one of the participants has just been murdered. Of course, everyone is shocked but don't believe it is true. Unfortunately, it is true and he was murdered at the time the game was taking place! The rest of the story tells how the police, a reporter and the fiance of the accused solve the mystery. I had guessed the correct murderer early on but had no idea how he actually pulled it off. All in all, it was a fun mystery to listen to and just the right length for my trip. I have a couple of Christie books sitting on the shelf that I think I will enjoy as well.
Rating: 4
Posted by Framed at 7:40 AM

2 comments:
Lynne said...
I've never heard of this book. I'm going to look for it - sounds good. I love Agatha Christie!
7/19/2008 10:15 AM
pussreboots said...
Even with actively reading Agatha Christie for twenty years, I'm still finding titles I haven't read. Now I can add The Sittaford Mystery to that list.

No comments: