Sunday, October 12, 2008

Murder on a Girls' Night Out by Anne George

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Challenges
1st in Series
Heard It Through the Grapevine
This series was recommended to me by Booklogged several months ago. Since Booklogged is also my sister, it was fun to read this mystery involving two older sisters and their interesting relationship. Of course, Booklogged and I are much younger than Patricia Ann and Mary Alice. But these two women are true Southern ladies. Mary Alice, excited about her purchase of the Skoot n' Boot bar, loses some enthusiasm when the former owner is found murdered in the bar's fountain. Patricia Ann, a former school teacher, is dragged along and becomes reacquainted with one of her favority former pupils. Henry is also a major suspect. This mystery oozes southern charm and humor. Even though it is light and frothy, I look forward to reading the next one.
Rating: 3.75
Posted by Framed at 8:54 PM

9 comments:
Joy said...
Hi Framed! The second one in this series is even better. I thoroughly enjoyed the sisters - you must read it! :) Maybe you could pick it up for the 2nds Challenge coming in September.
6/03/2008 5:11 AM
SuziQoregon said...
I added it to my TBR list when Booklogged reviewed it too. Good to hear your thoughts. Might need to work this one into the summer reading plans.
6/03/2008 12:19 PM
Booklogged said...
Glad you liked it. Isn't the older sister fat, obnoxious and loud and the younger one is thin, cute and a bit more reserved? Let's don't tell anyone who's the oldest sister in our family, okay?
6/03/2008 2:46 PM
Bookfool said...
I was just trying to remember which blogger is your sister. Thanks for that. I read Murder On a Girl's Night Out eons ago. Anne George was still alive, then, and I remember thinking she lived somewhere around Birmingham when I was there for a conference. I liked it, but I've never read another of her books -- I have no idea why!
6/03/2008 5:47 PM
Framed said...
Joy, are you hosting another challenge?? When do you find time to read? I have the second book so I will gladly read it for that challenge.SuzieQ, it's a great summer read.Booklogged, Personally, I thought the older sister was full of enthusiasm and a lover of life and the younger was a bit of a wet rag, but have it your way.Bookfool, I don't know a lot about this author. How many books did she write?
6/03/2008 9:27 PM
Joy said...
Yes, I'll be hosting the 2nds Challenge from September thru December (4 months). Last year I began it in October. I'm looking forward to more time for seconds. My current job allows me to listen to audiobooks during the day. I literally pick up a handheld version in the evenings, but end up not reading too much because I've "read" a lot all day.I'm so glad you'll be joining me in the 2nds Challenge. Murder on a Bad Hair Day is a great choice! :)
6/04/2008 5:16 AM
heatherlo said...
Hi, I am really sorry but I went to send Change of Heart to you today, and I realized I accidentally deleted the email with your address in it. Would you be kind enough to send that to me again and I'll send out the book as soon as possible. I'm so sorry!heather.oroark@comcast.net
6/05/2008 11:27 AM
Tristi Pinkston said...
I enjoyed this series a lot, too!
6/06/2008 11:41 AM
Sharon said...
I really liked this series! Mouse and Sister crack me up.

No comments: