Monday, October 20, 2008

The Law of Attraction by Michael Losier

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Challenges
Spring Reading
Non Fiction 5
A year or so ago, my boss introduced my colleagues and me to "The Secret." At least we watched the movie and he really encouraged us to learn more about it. I even created Dream Board. I decided to get the book and, while finding it on Amazon, I find a couple of other books about the Law of Attraction which had better ratings. I finally read this one. Basically, the Law of Attraction states that whatever energy we put off, that is what we attract. Positive energy or thoughts will attract positive outcomes. So I can buy that to a certain point. I can't quite accept that the bad things that happen to people are results of their negative energy. I know tons of wonderful, positive people who have experienced tragedy, loss, set backs, etc. And I know people who always dwell on negative outcomes and seem to realize them. The book also explains that we should think about what we want instead of what we don't want. Wow, the list is so long. I guess I'm not converted but I do think I need to spend more energy on the positive outcomes I'd like to see in my life and not dwell on negative things. If nothing else, it will make me a funner person to be around. I may still read the other book, Irresistible Attraction, but I'm mooching off The Secret. From what I've observed, it concentrates more on money and possessions than I am comfortable with and the other seems to deal more with emotional, mental and spiritual matters.
Rating: 2.5 (Actually not a bad rating because I truly dislike self-help books)
Posted by Framed at 8:05 PM

2 comments:
Carrie K said...
While I do agree that sometimes you reap what you think, in a lot of ways, it's just another way to blame the victim. It's one thing to be a sour faced complainer who (oddly enough) nothing "good" ever happens, it's another to have a disabled child, be in a car wreck, have cancer diagnosed, ....that makes me crazy about the "power" of thought. Uh, not that I have strong feelings about this or anything. :)
6/13/2008 2:28 PM
Natasha @ Maw Books said...
My mom is the biggest believer in the law of attraction and had me read The Secret (and I admit that I only read the first half). I do believe that your attitude does have a large effect on what happens in your life. When you are thinking about the negative, that's all that you tend to see and vice-versa. But bad things do happen to good people. I don't think it's their fault.

No comments: